Retail assistant/Christmas casual – mum and baby boutique, Manly
We are looking for a part time retail assistant/Christmas casual to join our team.
About the role
Our retail store is located in the heart of Manly with an e-commerce store working in parallel shipping orders countrywide.
Key roles & duties
- Working in our retail store
- Assist in managing our e-commerce store
- Picking and packing orders
- Customer service
- Visual merchandising
Other duties and responsibilities
- Manage point-of-sale process and payments
- Welcome and greet customers
- Actively involved in the receiving of new shipments, Pre-packing or packing, weighing, assembling, pricing or preparing of goods for sale
- Keep up to date with product information including product training and education where required
- Accurately describe product features and benefits to customers
- End to end fulfilment of orders across all channels
- Wrapping/packing and shipping of orders
- Daily management of stock to minimise stock loss and maximise sales
- Maintain a clean and visually appealing store at all times which includes incidental cleaning, recycling etc.
- E-commerce and website management and maintenance including updating/ uploading new copy and products on the website when required.
- Responding to customer queries via email, phone and social media channels
- Attention to detail is a must
- Social media content creation
- Retail experience
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent IT skills (Apple preferably)
- Organisational skills
- People management work experience (required)
- Fluent verbal and written English (required)
- Computer literate – Word, Outlook, Excel (required)
- Passionate and knowledgeable about babies and baby products preferable (some product training will be required)
- Able to work a weekend shift
- Able to commute to Manly
- Start date: 1 October 2023. TBC.
- Store opening hours: 9:30 – 4pm (Monday – Sunday)
- This opening is for a part time position - weekend shifts will be required. We can discuss hours on application.
If you think you might be a good fit or are interested in hearing more about the role and the business please email your application. Successful candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview.