Bedhead Heritage Lounger Baby Flap Hats are light on heads, making them the ideal first hat for babies as they forget they’re wearing them! The soft flap lies flat behind baby’s neck while they’re in a pram or baby carrier, and the brim is slightly upright letting them see the world. Made from 100% eco-friendly linen which can self-cool in summer and warm in winter, the lounger hat provides UPF50+ sun protection without overheating little heads.
Fully reversible with a pattern on one side and a coordinating solid colour on the other, you get two hats for the price of one. Adjustable ties at the back of the crown allow the perfect fit to be achieved, and elasticated straps tie sweetly into a bow under chins to keep hats in place while little ones get accustomed to something on their heads. The elastic in the ties allows stretch and comfort, and ensures the ties aren’t too tight.
- Specially designed for wear in prams and baby carriers.
- Rated UPF50+ Excellent Protection.
- Adjustable and elasticised ties on the crown allow the perfect fit on both sides.
- Tested in accordance with Australia & New Zealand Standards 4399.
- Sun-Smart recommended brim depths
- Made from 100% eco-friendly linen which is recyclable, biodegradable and has a better-for-the-environment manufacturing process.
- Anti-flop but non-rigid brims for a lightweight feel.
- Wash & wear - gentle cold machine wash in a wash bag and line dry in the shade.
- Beautiful button-up leather 'Return to' label for names to help hats get home safely.
- Elasticised chin ties to keep hats in place (the elastic allows some stretch so not too tight).
NOTE: Chin ties can easily be removed if required without compromising the quality of the hat – you just need scissors!
Best suited to newborns, crawlers and toddlers still using prams, strollers, car seats, carriers and slings. Best style to convert stubborn hat-haters as they’re harder to pull off and not within their eye-line.
Although linen is a hardy natural fibre, the long ties and leather return-to tab put it into the delicate category. Here’s how to care for your new hat!
- Always wash in a wash bag to ensure ties don’t overstretch or tangle in other clothing.
- Wash when required in a gentle cold machine wash - a quick wash is best. Make sure to remove from washing machine as soon as wash cycle has finished. Do not soak.
- Dry without delay. If left wet/damp in machine for extended period (longer than 2 hours) the leather tab may bleed/stain on white/light colours.
- Lie flat to dry in the shade.
- Chemicals in sunscreens don’t play well with fabrics – ensure sunscreen has soaked in and been washed from hands before putting on a hat.
- Linen naturally softens with each wash and will crease a little. If you prefer a smooth look to your hat, use a clothing steamer or light warm iron on wrinkled areas.
- Heritage hats with cord in the brim (Classic Bucket, Panelled Bucket and Ladies hats) are best stored hanging from a pegrail or hook at the brim (or by the ties with the brim lying flat against the wall), or lying flat with the brim spread out on the flat surface. This avoids the cord in the brim from kinking.
If it does kink (leaving it too long in a washing machine or washing basket will also cause it to curl), lie it flat on a hard surface (use a tea towel on a table-top or wooden floor - sometimes an ironing board is too soft) and use a medium-heat iron with medium-steam setting to press all around the edge of the brim to flatten. Reverse the hat and repeat on the other side. If you're concerned about the iron being too hot, use a thin tea towel in-between the hat and iron, or start on a lower setting and gradually increase the heat/steam until you get the desired result.